Things you should know

  • If you are not properly insured you can find yourself being personally liable for loss or damage in a public liability claim.
  • Depending on whether your insurance policy covers you, it could be you have to defend the claim on your own if you are sued.
  • Your insurance policy may be voided by behaviour on your part, such as driving under the influence.
  • Time limits apply to claims so if you want to seek monetary compensation you should seek advice in a timely and prompt manner.
  • Various thresholds apply for personal injury claims so it is important that the medical evidence is properly prepared.

The Goldbergs Difference:

  • Our experience representing both insurance companies and individuals in property damage and personal injury public liability claims gives us great experience in such litigation.
  • We’re experienced with claims ranging from small property damage, through to major personal injuries.
  • We have acted for uninsured house owners and developers where they have been sued for personal injury and property damage.
  • At least four of our senior practitioners were previously employed by insurance companies.

Why would you need this service?

A public liability claim could be appropriate if someone is injured in public, for example:

  • If you have suffered an injury because of a fall in a shopping centre, an attack by a dog or been struck by an object dropped from a building you may be entitled to seek compensation from your injuries.  These are just some examples of injuries caused in circumstances involving a potential public liability claim for personal injury.
  • If your car has been damaged by a falling tree or your house flooded by a broken pipe you may not have been injured but you may still be entitled to get compensation for the damage caused to your car, house or other property.
  • The variety of potential claims is endless and compensation may be sought both for your personal injury or your property damage or both.
  • Wherever you have been injured or your property has been damaged by the act or omission of another you need legal advice from experienced expert lawyers who can advise you about your potential claim, its risks and potential rewards.