Things you should know

  • Compulsory third-party insurance indemnifies against your negligence, but it is not a no-fault system.
  • Law in this area is changing all the time.
  • In some cases you may also be entitled to workers compensation benefits.
  • Your motor vehicle comprehensive insurance policy may be voided if driven by an intoxicated driver which can be the cause of significant financial loss in the event of a property damage claim.

The Goldbergs Difference:

  • Our broad experience in insurance litigation allows us to provide a commercial approach to handling a matter involving a motor accident.
  • We provide reassurance and guide you through the process.
  • We have accredited personal injury specialists to help you with your personal injury claims.
  • We understand insurers and their processes with a number of our solicitors having worked for insurers and having acted for insurers.

Why would you need this service?

Road traffic accidents in Australia each year kill over 1,000 people injuring many thousands more and cost the community an estimated $27 billion in financial loss.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident you may have entitlements to compensation to financially compensate you for your pain, suffering and financial loss as a consequence of such an accident.

Even if the accident is your fault you may still have an entitlement for assistance with your medical bills and financial loss.

Even where personal injury is not involved a motor accident may involve financial loss or liability for damage to your car or other vehicles or property.

The law in this area can be complicated and important time limits apply.  This is an area where expert legal help is needed.